Tummy Tuck Brisbane
Sometimes simply dieting and exercising are not enough to take care of waistline problems. In such cases, a patient may wish to consider a tummy tuck (or abdominoplasty). A tummy tuck is the surgical removal of excess skin or fatty deposits from the abdomen, along with the repositioning of abdomen muscles into a tighter and more contoured form. This bodily enhancement procedure is designed for those who wish to have a flatter and tighter stomach. It is also helpful in remedying the vertical separation of abdomen muscles known as diastasis, which can occur following pregnancy.
Reasons for Considering an Abdominoplasty
- Inability of dieting and exercise to improve the abdomen area.
- Excessive accumulation of skin following weight loss.
- Loss of skin elasticity or diastases (loose abdomen muscles) due to pregnancy.
- The removal of unsightly skin and fat deposits as well as the proper alignment of the abdomen muscles to produce a more flattering look.
Generally, post-operative instructions call for plenty of rest and limited movement in order to speed up the healing process and recovery time. As the body recuperates, the patient can expect some swelling, bruising, and discomfort. Medication can be prescribed to relieve any pain caused by the procedure. The stitches will be removed shortly after the surgery depending on the procedure(s) involved. Normal activities can generally be resumed within two weeks. A supportive abdominal garment is worn for several weeks after surgery. It may take up to a year for the body to completely adapt to the new abdominal configuration. With proper diet and exercise, the striking results of the surgery will be long lasting.
- <Click here for more information on Abdominoplasty
- Click here to see 3D animations of the above procedure